10.16.2007

Summer Vay-Cay

Okay, so I am really delayed in writing this.

This pic is of a truck I really liked. It was parked in front of my favorite restaurant back home.

Back in august, I went home (Illinois) for two weeks. Yes, I know, TWO WHOLE WEEKS! It was a real treat, considering I haven't been home for a year!

I got to see so many people, mostly family!

My favorite thing I did at home was can homemade salsa! MMMM Yummy!

I got to see both of my brothers, Chris and Scott. Scott is younger than me but Chris is older. He has one beautiful, smart yet very ornery duplication of himself, Hayden Lane--aged 3 years!

My sister has two beautiful blonde girls, Nicole(5) and Naomi(7).
I spent some time with my dad, picking tomatoes from his garden.

Another experience I enjoyed was a birthday party for my 1-year-old niece, complete with face-smearing cake!

I got to see lots of cousins and aunt/uncles at one family picnic.
My grandparents were very happy that I was at home, and we had a good time visiting everyone.

My mom and I spent a few days together. It is always a little awkward with her, but we still managed to have a good time at her house and at the stables. She has two horses, and takes very good care of them.

If I can think of anything else, I will add it later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds really cool! I'm glad that you had the opportunity to spend time with your family and see all your relatives. Did you get to ride the horses?
Love ya,
Jen

Samuel and Lynn said...

Hey Jen
Thanks for the comment!
No, I didn't get to ride my mom's horses, I didn't have time. Besides, one of her horses bucked me off last time I rode it. Now it looks at me like "Just try to ride me.....".